Code of ethics
The committee, staff and volunteers of The Raglan Community House undertake to:
- Recognise an individual’s independence and right to choose at all times.
- Ensure that all matters discussed with individual visitors to The Raglan Community House will be regarded as strictly confidential.
- Recognise their limitations and be ready, with the permission of the individual to refer to trained persons.
- Avoid emotional over-involvement.
- Accept the need for ongoing training.
- Ensure that all help and information given will be on a non-political, non-racial, non-denominational and non-sectarian basis.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other members.
- Be ready to cooperate with other service agencies.
- Actively encourage the values of equality, cooperation and non-violence.
- Receive all people in a spirit of support and friendliness.