We want you!
Volunteers are the backbone of New Zealand communities and Raglan is no different. Volunteers at The Raglan Community House provide invaluable help. Whether they are giving their time to help run the Opportunity Shop as a Sales Assistant or Back of House Assistant or keeping our drop-in lounge running smoothly – we appreciate them all!
We are always looking for new volunteers and we would love you to be part of our team. You can be involved either on a regular rostered shift or as an on-call casual helper. If you have time to spare or skills you would like to share, please give Mike Rarere a call on (07) 825 8142.
Van drivers for the Raglan Community Van Trust
If you can offer your services as a volunteer van driver at least one day a week, fortnight or month, please give Mike Rarere or Lara Toxward a call on (07) 825 8142..
Each and every volunteer has the right to:
- be treated as a co-worker, not just free help
- a suitable responsibility – with consideration for personal preference, temperament and life experience
- know as much about the organisation as possible – its policies, people and its programmes
- continue training on the job – as a follow up to initial training
- sound guidance and direction – by someone who is experienced, well informed, thoughtful and considerate
- be heard, to feel free to make suggestions and to have respect shown for honest opinion
- be recognised as a person who is making a valuable contribution to The Raglan Community House and our clients.
As a volunteer for The Raglan Community House you will:
- be punctual and conscientious in carrying out your duties and accept supervision graciously
- conduct yourself with dignity, courtesy and consideration
- consider as confidential all information regarding clients and their families
- take any problems, criticisms and/or suggestions to the coordinator or the staff liaison member of the committee
- not do anything for a client without his/her knowledge or consent
- not push your viewpoint to make converts to your particular religious belief or creed.
All volunteers must consent to a police check, and volunteer van drivers also require a current First Aid certificate.
Useful volunteer links:
- Volunteer information booklet
- Volunteer application form
- Police check form
- Op Shop Back of House Assistant - Position description
- Op Shop Sales Assistant - Position description
- Drop-in Lounge Host - Position description
- Volunteering Waikato website